As a credentialed and experienced professional, Dr. Leopold brings credibility and a breadth of knowledge as a consultant, partner, and marketplace spokesperson. He is an industry thought leader in employee benefits and health and productivity. He works with Lockton account teams and employers with InfoLock®data to help identify trends and understand the correlation between health and productivity.
Dr. Leopold has expertise on a variety of benefits-related topics, including the strategic value of employee benefits, the four generations in the workplace, the value of financial wellness, and the implications of health reform for the benefits community.
His recent book on the future of employee benefits entitled The Benefits Edge: Honing the Competitive Value of Employee Benefits has been described as a blueprint for benefits in the decade of healthcare reform. He is also the author of A Year in the Life of a Million American Workers, an almanac of absence data, in addition to numerous by-lined articles in the benefits media.
Current and Previous Positions
- Lockton Benefit Group, Chief Medical Officer
- Willis Towers Watson, National Practice Leader, Health Outcomes
- Wells Fargo Insurance Services, Senior Vice President, National Practice Leader: Health & Productivity
- MetLife, Vice President, National Medical Director
- ManagedComp, Medical Director Tufts
- Health Plan-ManagedComp, Medical Director
- P.H. in population health; Boston University
- B.A. in health care; University of Pennsylvania – The Wharton School
- D.; Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University
- B.S. in biology and French; Emory University
- National Speakers Association
- National Business Group on Health