Cleveland Clinic joins the 10th World Medical Tourism & Global Healthcare Congress (WMTC) in Los Angeles October 2 – 4. At the WMTC, 2,000 attendees and 150 exhibitors from across the world for three days of learning the latest news and information in the industry and networking peers to drive the industry into the future. Attendees will be immersed in an exciting and vibrant environment to spark new ideas helping patients receive the care they need.
If you are involved in handling international patients as a facilitator or care provider or are interested in saving money on your health plan by contracting with hospitals, you cannot afford to miss the insight available at the WMTC. Highlights of this year’s event include:
- An extensive conference agenda, featuring everything from benefits design to handling the taboo topics in the workplace and everything in between
- 6th Medical Director Summit, a half-day session bringing together Medical Directors and Chief Medical Officers from around the world for high-level discussions on the latest trends and challenges in destination medicine and the development of global medical networks
- The Employer Direct Contracting & Bundled Payment Summit, exploring how leading employers are working directly with providers to better maintain employee health and employer healthcare costs
- 7th Global Ministerial Summit, where Government Delegates, including Ministers of Health, Tourism, Economic Development, Trade Commissioners, Health Attaches, and Consul Generals, from all over the world to discuss long-term, sustainable results for expansion and growth of their healthcare infrastructure while at the same time addressing the immediate health concerns different countries face.
- Earn your Certified Medical Tourism Professional® designation live on-site.
- Keynote Speaker Cat Lee, Head of Culture, Pinterest
About Cleveland Clinic
Cleveland Clinic Is a nonprofit multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education. Located in Cleveland, Ohio, it was founded in 1921 by four renowned physicians with a vision of providing outstanding patient care based upon the principles of cooperation, compassion, and innovation. Cleveland Clinic has pioneered many medical breakthroughs, including coronary artery bypass surgery and the first face transplant in the United States.
U.S. News & World Report consistently names Cleveland Clinic as one of the nation’s best hospitals in its annual “America’s Best Hospitals” survey. Among Cleveland Clinic’s 51,000 employees are more than 3,500 full-time salaried physicians and researchers and 14,000 nurses, representing 140 medical specialties and subspecialties.
Cleveland Clinic’s health system includes a 165-acre main campus near downtown Cleveland, 10 regional hospitals, more than 150 northern Ohio outpatient locations – including 18 full-service family health centers and three health and wellness centers – and locations in Weston, Fla.; Las Vegas, Nev.; Toronto, Canada; Abu Dhabi, UAE; and London, England. In 2016, there were 7.1 million outpatient visits, 161,674 hospital admissions and 207,610 surgical cases throughout Cleveland Clinic’s health system. Patients came for treatment from every state and 185 countries. Visit us at clevelandclinic.org.
About the World Medical Tourism & Global Healthcare Congress
As the first membership-based international nonprofit trade organization and think-tank for the medical tourism and healthcare industries, the Medical Tourism Association® develops and implements creative and sustainable strategies for attracting direct foreign investments. The MTA provides advisory services to investors researching the industry and matches these financiers with medical tourism-related projects. www.MedicalTourismAssociation.com