Beyond Borders, Exceeding Limits
This invitation only ministerial summit is exclusive for Government Delegates, including Ministers of Health, Tourism, Economic Development, Trade Commissioners, Health Attaches, and Consul Generals, from all over the world. The agenda shall include several topics related to medical tourism, population health management, wellness travel and destination development:
- With international tourists reaching 1.2 billion in 2016, and expected to rise to 1.8 billion by 2030, how can we ensure the sustainable development and management of medical tourism initiatives align with population health management strategies?
- What public policies and strategies are currently in place or need to be encouraged for growth of medical and wellness travel?
- How to foster the dialogue between the health and tourism communities to strengthen effective engagement and coordination?
- How to address the public perception of medical tourism as “private sector initiatives”?
- What is the role of the public sector and how to build public/private sector partnerships to promote medical tourism and wellness travel as a sustainable development goal?