It appears that Congress has determined that the ACA for employers will likely stay in play. This year you’ll hear from Employee Benefits Attorney and HRCPI Advisory Board Member, Benjamin Conley as he moderates a highly interactive fireside chat with three forward-thinking small, medium and large-sized employers. Hear three employers varying approaches to evaluating the pro’s and con’s of the various proposals, the implications to their business and strategies to prepare for potential fines associated with the A or B penalty and what other implications may be on the horizon.
In this interactive discussion, we will explore:
- Managing the employer shared responsibility rule:
- Who is a full-time employee in a seasonal workforce?
- Union plan issues
- Reporting issues and A and B penalties from the IRS
- Plan design changes
- Possible “asteroid hit” type provisions—Cadillac Tax and cap on employer exclusion for health coverage
- Health insurance reforms are costly (dependent child to age 26, no annual or lifetime dollar limitations on essential health benefits