The Employer Healthcare & Benefits Congress (EHBC) is proud to announce, in conjunction with Global Healthcare Ventures and Global Healthcare Resources, the Health Innovation Technologies Early-Stage Company Showdown, taking place on October 2, in Los Angeles. This first of its kind event, early-stage healthcare companies and start-ups with unique and exciting products will be able to pitch their ideas to a group of investors to compete for a valuable prize package, exposure, and insight from the panel of judges.
“We are very excited to help bring about healthcare’s next big thing,” said Jonathan Edelheit, CEO of the Employer Healthcare & Benefits Congress. “By giving these start-ups a platform and exposure, and maybe even some funding, we hope to drive the industry forward and make a lasting impact on how the global healthcare system functions. Whether it is a tool to make receiving care easier or the newest innovation in wearable tech, we want to help the industry flourish.”
Judges come from across the industry and include academics, investors, and industry professionals. The Judges for the inaugural event include:
- Renée-Marie Stephano, President of the Medical Tourism Association
- Jonathan Edelheit, Principal/Co-Founder of Global Healthcare Resources
- Max W. Hooper Ph.D., Managing Director of Merging Traffic
- Vicki Rabenou, Chief Executive Officer of Startup Nation Ventures
- Micahel J. O’Donnell, Executive Director of Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the University of Central Florida
All participants will receive a customized written assessment and coaching report from our expert panel of judges, as well as passes to the EHBC in Los Angeles, October 2 -4. The winning company, however, will receive the following:
- Exposure to industry executives. Finalists will present live pitches to judges, and the winner will be showcased in front of up to 2,000 conference participants at the opening keynote of the conference.
- Media exposure. Global Healthcare Ventures (GHV) will arrange press interviews, press releases, blog posts, and a media campaign for the winner.
- Healthcare Revolution. GHV will provide complimentary tickets to upcoming industry conferences and events focused on the Healthcare Revolution.
- Introductions to Statewide Angel Network. GHV will introduce the winner to accredited investors in a statewide angel network.
- Business Analysis Package. The winner will receive business capital needs analysis and advisory analysis from a national investment banking company.
For more information, or to apply for the showdown, click here.